Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My WIP 18 - Finishing many blues, gotta go to RED~!

362 inches of binding, 42 eyes, 1 label




3/5 of a circle, one label, one hanging sleeve



Time to pin-baste – trying out Tuscany wool for the first time



And I’m so very, very weary of Blue –
I am sick to death of
my beloved, beautiful, cooling, soothing, life-sustaining Blue.

So we are switching to Fiery, Passionate RED
and an oh-so-appropriate Kona Snow - 
It is finally time for Burning Up the Slopes!



~*~*~*~

A big "Thank you!" to Lee at Freshly Pieced for hosting WIP Wednesdays 
It really keeps me motivated to keep those UFOs going! (Go check out what everyone else is doing - there are some really neat projects out there!)


Also, Check out my BOMs AWAY Mondays regular link-up.  



This week's stats:

New Projects - 1!!  (I earn this when Sailing's last shell is put on and it's off the UFO list. Using this "allowance" for my cousin's wedding quilt, which has a fun story.)    
Completed Projects This Week -           
In Active Progress - 4    (Evening hand-work: Sailing with the Flying Needles, Around the World Heather, Devon's Owls; quilting: Marissa's Moment)
Children’s In Active Progress - 5    (Heather’s Dragons, Heather’s Geometric, Give Me Some Minky Love x 3)   
UFO Firing Range - 35.333          
Finishes for 2011 - 20  

Completed tops awaiting quilting (2 removed!):
One charity wheelchair quilt
Center of Marissa’s Moment of Freakishness
Marissa’s Moment Pillowcase panel
Dreamy Unicorns
Wagon Wheels West #2
Be Attitudes
We Love Kelly
Devon's Silk Spinners
Marissa's Minky Squares
Kelly's Thirties Hand Quilter
Kelly's Calico
Poor Forgotten Orphan from 15 Years Ago 

14 comments:

  1. Red is fun! I'm doing a red and white hexie quilt and love the color. Wow, 42 owl eyes! And that's a lot of binding! But she's done! And it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Your quilt with owls is fantastic! I love also blue but sometimes get so tired of it. Then it's nice to make something very colourful like red ... I'm just starting to write about my red quilt.
    Sunny wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm super impressed that you've finished 20 quilts this year! That's inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go red! It's fun to mix things up once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there an owl hiding on the back? Or does one of the owls have extra eyes?

    LOVE the border! Looks VERY nice.

    Paul
    www.OutnumberedQuilter.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your owl quilt is darling!

    Red and white will definitely be something different. Can't wait to see what you will create :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute Hoot owl quilt and header! Love those reds you're going to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have nearly as manyUFO flimsies as I do! I have a few Quilts Of Valor waiting too & I see that you also quilt for wounded warriors.
    My little quit group are going to make QOV blocks next month, so then I will have even more tops to quilt-my own always go to the bottom of the pile of course!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the borders on the owl quilt, so intricate. I wouldn't know how to begin making that

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol! How funny you are! Totally understand how someone could get tired of blue...me too! I love RED!!! Can't wait to see it finished. The owls really are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The corners on your owl quilt are fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. the red quilt is going to fab! And I really like the owl quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your owls have eyes!! and those corners! Looking forward to seeing your red/white project.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.