Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Saturday, October 22, 2011

A Good Hijack

My sewing time got hijacked. But that's OK, because this is a really great cause.


Instead of working on my "Listen" this weekend, I'm pushing through 780 star pieces to get all the star rows finished for 20 blocks that will look like this:




. . . And they will be turned into a full Quilt of Valor top on Thursday at our guild's workshop day.




It can get super tedious, so I run two blocks-worth at each stage through a pass of chain-piecing. (Thirteen passes left.) Keeps the torture at bay.  ;D


I got a couple more Baby Janes done up this week. 





I simplified the approach on this one ~~>



But some way-future time when I make another, I'll do it the tedious way, because the bulk around the window frame area is too high for my liking. It ought to quilt down good enough, though - Not redoing this block!

2 comments:

  1. Your Valour quilt will be worth it, put on some fun music to get you through the tedious sewing. Your baby janes are wonderful, they're tricky blocks especially when they're so small!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waoo!! I always admire your work, I think that if I try to do One of those quilts, I never end it. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.