Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

My WIP Wed #22 - Working with Jacqueline deJonge

Been sneaking bits of sewing time in around writing this week. I just couldn’t stay away from the bright, fun colors of my “Listen with Your Eyes” project from the Jacqueline deJonge class I took on Fri-Sat. What fun that was!! Her quilts are glorious, she had some important techniques to share, and the company was fantastic. But I don't have pics from class, isn't that dumb???!  Hey - I was doing good just to be prepared and able to go!


I came home on Saturday with a quarter section of one star put together and the beginnings of 4 checkerboard pieces “E”.



First order of business at home was to lay out the six remaining sets of strips for the diamonds before I forgot how to place them. 


(Yes, I did the first one backwards in class.) 




Actually got one whole set sewn up so far! Uh - That's a set of five green diamond points, not a whole star's set.  ;D


And I finished sewing those four E sections before the fabric squares got mixed up somehow. Well, you know - it takes a fair chunk of time and hemming-and-hawing to figure out where you want the blenders to go!


Here's looking at you!
Hopefully by this time next week I’ll have all the other star points made. 40 altogether. If I can get that done and have one BOM ticked off, I’ll be a happy woman. :D

~*~*~*~

A big "Thank you!" to Lee at Freshly Pieced for hosting WIP Wednesdays 
It really keeps me motivated to keep those UFOs going! (Go check out what everyone else is doing - there are some really neat projects out there!)



Also, Check out my BOMs AWAY Mondays regular link-up.  



This week's stats: (unchanged)

New Projects – (Listen With Your Eyes by Jacqueline deJonge)    
Completed Projects This Week -  0  
In Active Progress - 1    (Listen)
UFO Firing Range - 31.333          
Finishes for 2011 - 24  

Completed tops awaiting quilting:
One charity wheelchair quilt
Center of Marissa’s Moment of Freakishness
Marissa’s Moment Pillowcase panel
Dreamy Unicorns
Wagon Wheels West #2
Be Attitudes
We Love Kelly
Devon's Silk Spinners
Kelly's Thirties Hand Quilter
Kelly's Calico
Poor Forgotten Orphan from 15 Years Ago 

19 comments:

  1. That is seriously so cool! I'm excited to see the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! That project looks amazing and very challenging! Sometimes it's nice to make something simple but sometimes it's a great enjoy to work with something very complicated that needs lots of thinking and work! What a great feeling when you have those blocks finished and start to see how it will be! Good luck and enjoy! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is going to be gorgeous! I can see how you can get the pieces turned around! Definitely not something you can put away for months and easily come back to (my pattern). How cool that you could take the class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This project does look like a challenge. I probably would have done the same mixups or more in piecing this. It'll look beautiful when done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is going to be an amazing quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness. The quilt looks so difficult but looks do-able when I see your pieces. Looking forward to watching you work on it. Is that pattern easy to follow? I wonder how long it will take me to decide I want to make one. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! That is going to be an amazing quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi lyn you always do great projects
    The colors are amazing
    Congratulations is going to be nice to see it all finish

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing pattern! Your colors are beautiful! Have fun! This is definitely one that you want to stay with so you keep it fresh on how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I'm speechless - can't believe you are attempting that as it seems near impossible for me! <3 it tho!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is an ambitious project... it's going to be beautiful! Hope it goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, that looks tedious!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you went on a quilting massacre, you could have like, 10 finished projects in a month. That's crazy. Doesn't seem to be how we work though!!

    The new project looks simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fantastic class. I hope you enjoyed it. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. THAT is going to be one fantastic quilt!!
    You go girl!
    Hugs, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks amazing! Striking color choices...dynamic. Can't wait to see it complete.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is quite an amazing quilt project. You are so talented too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.