Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Occupy Your Sewing Room - Two Stealth Flimsies :D



It's all Flamingo Santa's fault!


Occupy Sewing Room


I had planned on using my Occupy Day to whip up the Christmas gifts I want to do this year, but he said, "Naaa - you should work on this kit instead."







I was weak after a month of stressful health insanity with our poor kitty, culminating with an eye removal on Wednesday and my term project due on Thursday - tired of doing what had to be done, and needing to do something to replenish my batteries. Layered on top of being bummed that I didn't have a single thing to show for the Christmas Quilt Show and the fact that I had two untouched kits sitting in my stash room already. . .   I caved.  :D  And I'm so very glad I did. It was a perfect day.


And I now have TWO Christmas flimsies:


A Holly Jolly Snowman (made with the "Winter Welcome" pattern by Coach House Designs)






And A Snowy Day in the Woods (made with the Snow Days pattern by Janet Locey)



I'm a happy woman.

25 comments:

  1. Both are really pretty, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Snowy Day in the Woods! It is a beautiful piece of work! Lovely, and you should be very proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! Snowy day in the woods is my favourite too - love it!!!! Looks like a good therapy sewing day today and you deserved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez- you've had a rough bout. They both look fabulous. I'm glad they helped recharge the battery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sewing Therapy...so much cheaper than a visit to the doctor. Both quilts are so pretty! Hope your kitty is recovering well...it's so stressful to see them stitched up but I'm sure he will feel much better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're both adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had some quality quilty time to replenish your internal self! And congrats on the two finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Nothing like getting TWO tops done. Good for you! BTW, I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the two finishes, they look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you finished a lot! Doesn't it feel great! Beautiful quilt finishes!
    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, great work. I love both the quilts. I have ALWAYS loved that snowman panel. Had an idea of making one for my front porch entry with some little lights in the sky. Didn't get to it this year or last - but the idea is still in my head to do it. Maybe for next winter. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both are wonderful - and I saw the words 'happy and fun' and that is what it all should be about. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of these are lovely -- but I really am taken with the 'A Snowy Day in the Woods' piece! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love both of your quilts. Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a week you have had. So sorry to hear about kitty. Your projects are fabulous on the other hand. I am sure it was a needed diversion. Now about that Flamingo Santa... Do I love him or what!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your projects are wonderful. Flamingo Santa had a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great quilts. It's great to start with a panel. You get a big boost!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the houses in the woods! Are the houses pieced blocks next to a fussy-cut block? Either way I think it turned out fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute snowman. Loving the houses too. Especially like the how the print between the blocks brings it all together. Awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so jealous! I love that Holly Jolly Snowman! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both quilts are lovely although very different, can't choose which one I like best.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Like them both. Good job. Hope 'everyone' is getting healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Like them both. Good job. Hope 'everyone' is getting healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello,

    Love both of your quilts.
    happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.