Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, April 12, 2015

BOMs Away - Marine Corps Detour

 


Welcome to the Link-Up for BOMs Away Mondays! 
We'd love to see the BOM you're working on lately. 
This week's link-up is at the bottom of the post.


Hi! Did you guys have a good Easter last week? We enjoyed the fantastic weather and some nice family time. I'm sorry I didn't even post for BOMs Away because of that. I'm betting you understand, though.  :)

So, this week I'm back on track for posting, although for the foreseeable future, these days will be detoured into work on the Marine Corps quilt and top secret project in prep for the kids' wedding.

So today I put together a tall stack of these ribbon border pieces.




They're ready now for the Y-seam work putting the other green cross piece between these.

They'll get added to the center after a red floater border. (I've got it pinned to the quilt that's hanging in this room right now.)





~*~*~*~*~

So, how about you guys? Did you get some work done on your BOMs?


8 comments:

  1. I love it! I tried to make a marine corp quilt and used too much red/white/blue.....it just didn't work. You've given me much needed inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it's going to be a whirlwind of activity as you count down to the big day! Wishing you some much needed quilty time during the upcoming hectic days and of course, you go do what you got to do! We'll be waiting! Congrats to the bride and groom to be! :) ~Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still no progress on BOM here but did get some Bee blocks done so some progress, baby steps! Looking forward to seeing your secret quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really loving that quilt. it is looking so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a nice border in the works. Thank you for hosting and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your Easter was a happy one Lyn!
    It is a super busy spring for you!
    I love the whole look of your Marine Corp quilt and look forward to seeing it as you work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is going to be such an awesome quilt! So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I'm fairly new to quilting and very new to linky parties. I plan to post about your blog as soon as I figure all of this out. I enjoy getting your posts. Best, Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.