Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Monday, May 25, 2015

BOMs Away - Marine Corps on Memorial Day



Welcome to the Link-Up for BOMs Away Mondays!
We'd love to see the BOM you're working on lately.
This week's link-up is at the bottom of the post.


Today is Memorial Day here in the U.S., so it's apropos that the only quilt work I have to share is Kyle's Marine Corps quilt:



It's 6 feet square. I got the last red border put on, the back made, the center trapunto'd with a white poly batting scrap, and then Scott helped me pin-baste it all up yesterday, using a black 80/20 Hobbs batting. 

Devon and I fly out on June 10th to go to Kyle's Family Day and Graduation, with all of us returning late on the 12th. Their wedding will be on the 14th here at the house - - things are crazy busy around here, getting ready for the big day! I'm really happy with how everything's going to shape up to be specially-tailored for them.

So that's how much longer my quilting life will be abnormal, with no true BOM work. I hope to get all the stabilization lines quilted on this Marines quilt so I can take all the pins out to take it to San Diego for his graduation. After that, I'll do the detail quilting, which will include putting his name and Basic Training information onto some of the red bands.

And there's also the Top Secret quilt to desperately try finishing - the top, anyway! Not sure if that one is going to get any of its quilting done before the wedding, but Devon still wants to be surprised by it, so it only comes out when she's away from the house. She's going to love it, I know that much.  :D

~*~*~*~*~

But how about you guys? Did you get some work done on your BOMs?

6 comments:

  1. sounds like you have a busy time coming up in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I LOVE this quilt! It is super creative and shows a modern flare. I can't wait to see how you quilt it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Good luck getting it ready!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lyn, I'm so amazed you could get that far on Kyle's Marine Corp quilt. How wonderful that you will be able to bring it with you to his graduation. You have been so busy it boggles the mind! Take care of yourself sweetie and continue enjoying every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When do you find time to breathe?? I know this is impossible, but try to take a few moments to enjoy it all. And post loads of pictures, because I'm gonna cry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the border that weaves around the bar.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.