Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, December 31, 2017

BOMs Away - Happy New Year!


Welcome to the link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!
Where we share what we're doing on a BOM-type project 
so they don't stall out in UFO-land!
(Linky at the bottom.)

Here we are with our first BOMs Away of the New Year. 

2018. Can you believe it?!


We're just having a casual day here at the house, so I actually did some BOM work while ticking off the final moments of the old year. 

Lots and lots of trunk parts and leafy pieces for four of the blocks on my Wind in the Whiskers:


Doesn't look like much when it's just pinned in a clump like that, but trust me - hours of work there! 

This was the first session working on this quilt since my start on it in October 2014 that I actually felt happy doing it - here's to hoping the bad ju-ju and pattern frustrations are completely in the past now, and it keeps moving forward freely.  :)   

I think that makes it supremely appropriate for the first-of-the-year link-up.  

Have you done any BOM-type work during the holidays?

~*~*~
Kate over at Katie Mae Quilts has joined me in hosting this meet-up,
and linking up from either end puts you on the party at both sides.


3 comments:

  1. Those 3D looking pieces will be awesome as is this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a wanna be "appliquer" I know how many hours those leaves represent. Congrats on a great start to 2018.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.