Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Friday, March 11, 2011

Slipping one in! (And some family smiles)

So much reading to do today, only got to sew a block because it was cut out months ago. From my Wild Rose Cottage UFO:

Pink is subtler, yellow stands out more, and it's a white, not a gray.  ;D
And. . . some non-quilting fun!

My Honey got a new shiny for his uniform from his Afghanistan tour with the Army and an international contingency at Camp Alamo outside Kabul! (Please, please tell me WHO in the Army thought *that* was an inspirational name???)


His face is saying, "Are you seriously making me get out the door later than I like so you can blog this??" 
hehehe
We love him and are proud of him. (And hope he never has to go to Afghanistan again!)


He also recently made the front page of the base paper (for good stuff!), so he's had a pretty good week. 

I think he likes those whole-base training days, even though they're a pain.

Back to "Major Problems in American Constitutional History". . .

4 comments:

  1. You should be proud of him and thank him for us...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you husband for me for his service to our country!
    Beautiful block!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. probably the person who named Camp Alamo was the one who named a major street in Sierra Vista (Ft. Huachuca) Cochise. LOL. Thank your husband for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, probably so it is

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.