Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, June 26, 2011

BOMs AWAY #7


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEib6FEw-InTZOIaLrsh7raXFspj2e1T12kCO8l-1fE90gdy6n4l1MW2uvunLaRnasRzTevZmJGQUxFSneppP1tAy6D3038PFUnZoe3kZkA6pv4O9beBUFKk-l_8VIx2zK7QOjm3Pv7Ki7I/s1600/BOM+Button.jpg

Welcome to my Link-Up for BOMs Away Mondays! 
(We'd love to see the BOM you're working on lately.)


I have two sets of BOMs to show-and-tell this week, but first let me say that the silicone appliqué sheet is one of those quilting tools that is definitely worth purchasing. I find it indispensable when doing art quilt work.










While working on the May half of this section of the quilt, I had a “you’re kidding me!” moment when I pulled out the background piece – see that nice chunk cut out of the side?  ::rolling eyes::  No fears – it’s an art quilt. . . easily fixed.  :D

I set a piece down for a backdrop, 





applied Heat n Bond to another scrap of the background fabric, 
cut out a patch, and: 


  


Voila! Nobody will ever know it wasn't supposed to be that way! The patch comes just to the bottom of the bike's back wheel. Couldn't be more perfect!



 Here’s that section with the June side added. 


 This is definitely my favorite part of the quilt.
  
I also have a couple more Patriots in Petticoats tales for you.    

The June blocks and ladies:


June Gal #1 was Elizabeth Freeman. Born a slave, “Mumbet” won a legal suit against her owner in 1781 when her attorney successfully argued that the new Massachusetts constitution rendered slavery inherently illegal. She was dedicated woman who helped end slavery in Massachusetts.



June Gal #2 was Polly Cooper, who was an Oneida woman who cooked and kept house for George Washington throughout the Revolutionary War. She performed these services as what she felt to be her patriotic duty.



That's all the BOM work I got finished this week. Now it's your turn! Show us the monthly project(s) you're working on lately, and check out what the others are doing!   


8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - GORGEOUS is all I can say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!! I am so glad you sent me your link. Your BOM's are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may not have any BOM's to post today, but be sure to come check out my McCall's Challenge #1. http://ck.upickem.net/engine/Details.aspx?p=V&c=28078&s=9177257&i=2&m=X#SD Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my!!!!!!! I love that quilt. I stared at that one for quite a while, wanting to do it, when it first came out. I love the colours in it. I talked myself out of it, though, because of the cost of the monthly kits. It's one where it would really need to be done in the original colours. I love her stuff. I have her Garden one, can't think of the name of it off the top of my head, 90% finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lyn, your BOM blocks are very nice.

    I am doing a Civil War BOM project through on of my Local Quilt Shops.

    Link to my BOM Post...

    http://outnumberedquilter.blogspot.com/2011/06/friday-morning-update.html

    Thanks Lyn,
    Paul
    www.OutnumberedQuilter.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these! So Cute!
    Thanks for sharing :)
    Mattress Protectors

    ReplyDelete
  7. The art quilt is breathtaking!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe how you can create it to look so real! BEAUTIFUL!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.