Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, March 5, 2017

BOMs Away - Fresh Start: Fall All Around


Welcome to the link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!
Do you have periodical projects that can use some motivation to be worked on? 
This is where you can share what you're doing on a Block-of-the-Month or really anything you work on at given intervals. 
Show us what you accomplished in the past week or so!

New BOM on my rotation! Well, it's new in the workload, anyway. I actually bought it back in 2011. Had an empty week on my BOM calendar, so this week I pulled a NETY out of the storage room, washed and ironed the pieces from all the block kits, and got all the blocks cut out for future ease:




I also washed the fabrics from the finishing kit I got for it (these Patchwork Parties are done by 12 different quilt shops, and each one works up a finished quilt, so you have lots of end designs to choose from for yours). Still have to iron those and kit that part up. Gimme 2 or 3 weeks to get there. ;D

Today I sewed up the first two blocks:

Garden Tea - can you see the T's in each corner, even?


And Turley's Inn


Those two had to be right up front, because one set of the pieces for Garden Tea were a smidge narrow, and I couldn't forget about that, and my Dad's cousin (or ultra good family friend?) is named Tony Turley. He was tickled when I posted a pic on his Facebook page.

Hope this week is good to you all. Let's also hope my auto mechanic gets the driveshaft for my car that the factory had promised he would have by Feb 24th. . .  (going on 5 weeks without wheels is driving me nuts!)

Kate over at Katie Mae Quilts has joined me in hosting this meet-up,
and if we have things set up properly, linking up from either end puts you on the party at both sides.



9 comments:

  1. I love your fabrics and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your two blocks are just fabulous and I too love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blocks are gorgeous! Fabulous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those blocks are beautiful, especially the top one. The fabric you used really makes them look so rich.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your gift for organization blows me away! I fly by the seat of my pants! Love your blocks! XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you're going to have fun on Mondays with your BOM. It's a wonderful pattern and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very autumnal colours - should look fabulous all together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are some great blocks. I love the mix of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.